Monday, February 7, 2011

This Blog Thing is making me think more then ever.

I woke up today, and the first thing I did was open a book for school. Actually freakonomics. I feel like the author is just making up things and lying. Sometimes I wonder if I make things up and lie to make myself look good. Well maybe I wouldnt call it a lie, but definitly bending the truth a little bit. When people set high standards for you, like my family has, sometimes I feel like I have to be someone i'm not. Sometimes i have to get a grip and find myself because I get lost in the moment. The funny part is, the book Freakonomics had a reason why the chapters were named the way they were, because Levitt, the author experienced all theses things. So maybe he stretched the  truth sometimes as well as I did to make the book seem better than it actually was.So that idea lead to this next idea. When I become a teacher, I hope that the students walk into my classroom willing to learn and give it all he/ she has, but comes in being themself. Not someone else because their parents expect so much from them. All my school years, I never really felt I was earning A's for myself. It was more like earning an A to make my parents smile. I can't say its a bad thing, but it wasn't done for myself. Another thing i wander is WHY BECOME A TEACHER? My parents didn't graduate highschool. My mom is sick with her heart and seizures, and my father works his butt off to support my family. I have watched him struggle my whole life, and he definitly has been such an inspiration. I hope that my career will make him feel like he has accomplished alot more because in the mist of it all, he was the one who has supported,loved, and paid for me to come this far. Credit to my mom for listening to me complain literally all the time :), but seriously I would like to think that my accomplishments are his accomplishments as well. Also I want to be a teacher because I feel like it will be something that I absolutely love. Who wants to have a miserable job, when you can work to have a job that is the right one for you.  All these ideas jump to another after another. More to come  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment