Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Undecided and it is driving me CRAZY!

Last week i went to a meeting for education, and i really feel that it is their goal to scare people away. I understand that teaching is a serious job, and alot of work at home and at school. BUTTT that lady seem like it was going to be horrible. It is also very hard to decide what I would like to do because I'm so torn on what I would like to teach. For instance, I said in my past post I would like to be a speech teacher possibly, but on the other hand I really like English. Well i am taking classes right now to help me get the concept of what i would really like to do with my teaching career. I have a Linguistics class, that i loveeeee loveeee loveee, and currently my English classes are not that great. Also I have to consider that this will be a life long commitment, and is this really something I want to do forever? It is alot to take in, and I feel that I am not ready so much to make a decision that is as serious as this one. Thank god college allows you up to two years to decide. So all this back and forth is making me crazy. I keep thinking like it is okay, and that I have time, but then these semesters are flying by and it is making me fear that I am not ready to make this decision. Also the economy is terrible currently, and there are no jobs in the teaching field. 120 of my teachers were laid off last spring. I do not want to go to college, be 100,000 dollars in debt, and come out with a degree that I can not use. Even though I feel like I would enjoy teaching alot, I need to know that I will have a job coming out of college. So all these concerns and questions are putting my brain on overload. It is depressing just thinking about being in debt, and the chance of finding a job is slimm. So i guess i just wait it out, and weigh out the odds and ends when the time comes :(

No comments:

Post a Comment