Monday, April 11, 2011

Negativity Negativity

Lets just say that I am not a happy camper right now. Today I went home, excited that I picked classes and I finally have Fridays off, and of course someone had to bring me down. The worst part about this is that it was my parents! They feel that I have not been trying hard enough... but what I would really like to know is why they feel like that. Yes, I have struggled in math this semester, but i have done all the extra work, credit, and math tutoring possible. This really hurt my feelings considering I have gone to extremes. My parents are hard people to please, and I am quite sick of it. They have never gone to college and they do not understand. I though that college was about working hard, but at the same time having fun. I have barely had any fun. I am miserable as this blog shows. I just do not understand when I am going to be good enough for them. I understand that they have high standards, but I feel like its standards for them to just brag out about to the family to make them look better. I have always been an A student, and clearly I try hard. I do not understand why they push and push and push. Their negativity makes me want to just give up. If they can not acknowledge that I am trying hard then I do not feel that it is worth all the extra work and time. Sometimes I wish they could live a day in my shoes and see how much work I actually do. In high school I did nothing, absolutely nothinggggggg, and they praised me left and right. In college I try very hard. Sometimes I call the library my second home. It is kind of depressing. I want to make them happy, but shouldn't it be both ways? Granite they have supplied with me the best equipment like a macbook and great word documents to help me, but sometimes just simple words like I am proud of you would be better. I loveee my apple products, but i enjoy compliments as well. Today I felt so horrible like I am not pleasing to them. My brother is in the Army, and the family praises everything he does. I kind of wish it was that way for me as well. I bet my brother would say it was opposite though. It is kind of funny how sibling rivalry works out in families. I guess the only thing I can do is stay positive, work as hard as I can, and give everything 100 percent. Blogging makes me feel so much better. More to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment