Monday, March 14, 2011

Ideas of how I want my classroom to be set up

Well because I decided to teach k-8, I want my classroom to be creative and incentive. I want to make it very colorful and bright to keep the kids wide awake. Of course, their will be an apple on my desk because every teacher I had growing up always had an apple on their desk. To me it is like the apple is the symbol of the teacher with knowledge  ready to share. I want to have up incentives like student of the month, and have them write about why they feel they are student of the month, and give ideas to other students on how they could be the next candidate. They will have to read educational stuff, and do homework but I also want them to read one book or article a week that they are interested in to keep them positive about schooling. I remember when I was little reading books that I hated, and never had a taste for and always complaining that I wanted to ready Judy Bloom instead. I want their projects to be a thought out process with numerous steps to keep their brain working instead of an easy one task project. They need to expand their horizons. I would probably also do a star chart for the good days with the children when they use manner and respect to each other, and hand out a suprise at the end to the winner. I have so many ideas and the list just keeps going on and on. It feels good to have an idea on how you want things to go and plan them out, the only thing is working your way up to where you want to be. I feel like getting to this point will be a huge task. I am an impatient person. When i want something I have to have it. I wish I could have it now. more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment