Tuesday, March 29, 2011

is becoming a teacher just a hopeful dream, or a true reality?

Lately, it feels like everything and anything  has gone completely wrong for the most part. Stockton is one of those issues. It just seems like they do not have big enough programs for the amount of students they admit in at a time. The struggle to get classes are crazy, and the scheduled times are so time consuming. The teacher education program is over filled, and the chance of getting into a class that is needed is slim like 1:100. The preceptor can put you on a waitlist, but I have been there and it is not very promiseing. This has become a huge discouragement so far during my college year. I tried to take an alternative route and fill in some of the extra courses that are required, but I do not want to take the easy way out of everything because when the time comes and I am able to get into what I need, the work load could be to much possibly. I also looked into speech pathology classes for some of the special ed requirements, but that was no help either considering most of them were night time classes and I need to hold a job while I am in school.  Sometimes I wonder if this is ever going to be reality. Am i ever going to get on the right track? It is a constant question, and very frustrating. I have considered transferring to maybe rowan, but it seems like  I wouldn't get that far either in that idea. I would hate to start over, and have another new adjustment period where I just feel uncomfortable and unsure of things. I would hope that this would become a true reality someday, but I just feel like I am waisting my time hoping. I am all out of ideas, and Stockton is not very helpful. My positive incentives, are becoming negative ones quickly. It is time for a change. More to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment