Monday, March 7, 2011

K-8 ?!?!?!

After thinking my blogs through, I've decided to eliminate through grades and figure out which grade to teach that would be best for me. So I've decided that I want to work with little kids instead of older kids. Even though I feel that conversation is better with older students, I feel that younger students need a teacher more than the older kids. They also appreciate you more than an older student. They also respect you the way they should. I want to be able to craft and do fun learning activities with the kids. I feel that incentives are the best route for a teacher to take when trying to educate little ones. I want to have student of the month, and a colorful classroom. I want flowers, and positive incentives around to keep the students in good moods. I also want to have a class pet, maybe a bunny or fish. Teaching elementary i feel will be more pleasing to me than teaching high school. Even though high school is basically the same thing just in a mature concept, I feel it is not appreciative.  I honestly would love to teach kindergarden or 1st grade because I love working with little kids. I feel that it is such a great opportunity to show them the healthy and right way of life. Also to point them in the right direction, and teach them manners and respect. I want them to have a bright future, and a something to look forward too.  Even if i get bored of teaching little kids, I will have a degree to teach middle school as well. So if i decide that I want to hold a real conversation, I can always change grades. Talking about this makes me so happy. It really is such a great passion to have, especially if someone adores children like I do. More later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment