Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Maybe Extending a Teaching Career into A guidence Councelor Career.

So lately, I have been experiencing alot of personal problems. My parents are about to get a divorce, and I find this emotional situation starting to damper on my school work. It is not happening purposely but instead of my main focus on school, it has been on what is going on at home. The other day I recieved the phone call that this would be happening. I am not a fan of change. Of course anyone would not want news like that because your family is your family and nobody wants their family to be broken up. So I had to choose where I am going to live, but this put a tamper on my relationship with my parents because of course I could only pick one main house. I am 19, and distraught... which brings me too what if I was younger. What effect would this have on me as a child. If my school work is being delayed now, what would of happened if I was younger? Then I thought about maybe taking my career into teaching, but getting a degree where I can work with speech kids and their mentality. Also I could would with kids with emotion issues during their hard times. Many kids go through a divorce at young ages, and of course there is always side effects that come along with it. I know it sounds like I want to do it all, but I really just want to help make a change or better a childs life. If they struggle from a health issue, emotional issue, or just having a bad day. Everyday something impacts our mood. Either your happy to mad, or mad to sad. Many children experience death, divorce, and other major issues in their life. Maybe I could help them, and point them in a positive direction. I'm on a path to figuring out what I want to do, the only issue is when am I going to be 100 percent sure? I guess I'll be thinking about this more until something else comes up. More later

No comments:

Post a Comment